Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What a day!

It started as a normal tiring and pleasent day when everything turned up so well but did not end as expected. It was Tuesday yesterday and was suppose to the our movie day - I can get GV movie tix at $6.50. Any way, we got the tix from Cathay instead since the GV theatres are almost fully booked. Dear promised to watched movie with me since he could not accompany me for dinner on Monday and wanted to compensate for that. It was only when i was about to buy the tix he informed me that he had a meeting at 1700hr. The time for the movie? 1950hr and i would have to eat dinner myself because most probably he wont be able to reach in time to eat dinner with a snail.

It was SUPPOSED to be perfect but things went wrong when he sms-ed me at 1830hr to inform the meeting had not started. AND the whole meeting started 1 hour later than the scheduled time! WTH?! I purposely ate at Ajisen and waited till about 1930hr because i was telling myself that if he was able to make it by that 1930hr, we can atleast still eat dinner and watch movie together. Guess what? His meeting was still on at 1915hr! Ok.. so now let me digress to this afternoon when he told me about his meeting at 1700hr.

Dear: I have a meeting at 1700hr
Me: And you still wanna catch the 1900hr show?
Dear: (loudly) I confirm it will end latest at 1830hr!
Me: (already not very happy to know that i will be eating alone) You sure? The other time i wonder who was it.. told me that he will meet me at 1900hr for dinner and reached at 2030hr!
Dear: Wont! definately wont happen again because this meeting should be quite fast!

So i went on to book the movie tix after taking his confirmation.

AND this was what happened yesterday night! Usually when he waited 15mins at my office and i was late due to some work held up, his face will turned black and i meant very black! I waited for his work to end in hours and he expect me to forgive him just like that?! Cumon! We ought to be FAIR right? In the end i told him that we will skip the movie because i dont think he will be able to reach in time - his meeting ended at 1949hr! Great.. 1 min before the movie and he had to rush from Woodlands to Orchard. And i spent 100 bucks to appease myself while waiting for him! Maybe i will forgive him faster if he offered to return me the money i spent while waiting for him!

I am still very angry now actually! He keep saying that it was his work that had held him and when my work held me back, he will never think that i had no choice either. That would be a lesson which he will remember forever. What lesson? The lesson that taught him to THINK at a BIGGER picture! To let him know that things dont always turn out to be perfect from plan AND take my advice when neccessary!

No comments: