Monday, August 04, 2008

PAIN!!!!

Yippee!! Its drawing nearer and nearer to my holidays!! Flying off on Friday night! Gotta check in the airport at around 1900hr. I had applied half day on Friday to go for my dental appointment and to get myself prepared for the flight in the evening. Wow.. so fast.. it seems like yesterday that we booked the tickets and now we are all ready to fly.


Both dear and i had been kinda lazy as the trip draws nearer. Dear was just back last Saturday noon from Penang and our day was fully packed with activities. Since we were not able to get the luggage last last week due to his last minute scheduled flight, we decided to get it the day he returned. Well, very unfortunately for us, the GSS was over and the luggage i wanted had just jerked up the price to hmm... SGD$287!! I was very unhappy and gave dear my sucky attitude for quite a while. Poor him.. Gotta coax me along Chinatown until his patience ran out. Maybe my late grandparents and god-father like him. Buahhahahaha!! WHY?! Ok.. i already told him that the moment he returned, we gotta "bai bai" my late grandparents and my god-father, which we eventually did before we went Chinatown.


Dear wanted to find this Singapore Pools shop which is considered big and spacious but we couldn't recall where it was. We went there once with Mummy, my sisters and BILs. It was only when dear was very unhappy with my attitude that i said lets go to Chinatown centre to take a look and the Singapore Pools shop is there. After dear bought his 4D, we realised that that was the place where we can get cheap luggage. So we decided to hunt around for my luggage. Well, as long as i am in love woth something, the stubborn me will not give up my choice at any weird circumstances. The same principle applies to the humans i love. Buahhahaha!! The uncle in the first shop we went into tried to dissuade me to buy my dream luggage and introduced me at another one which cost SGD$190. I wasn't quite satisfied with the choice and something in me prompted me to asked if they know of any shop which sell that brand. The aunty from the 1st shop was very nice to direct us to the shop at the corner which carried the brand and..


TADA!!!!!


We reached the shop! Buahahahha!!


The Aunty and Uncle were unpacking all their new stocks when we went over. After looking around for the same brand but other shapes and designs, i decided that i will still take my original liking. Buahahahhaa!! And so.... here goes my luggage!


I MMS-ed carrot the pixy and she think that it looked quite small. Hmm.. Its actually the angle I took the photo. Its a 29 inch luggage and spacious inside. Supposed to be durable and i will know it after i used it. Buahhahahah!! Oh! Did i mentioned i got a luggage belt form the same shop?


The Red box actually cost SGD$287 and the generous uncle overwrited the aunty and gave me a 30% discount which was only SGD$190!!!!! Aunty only gave me 20% discount. Buahahhaha!! Dear also managed to find his luggage there and the kiam siap aunty gave him a SGD$2 discount. Yesh a 2 bucks discount and dear wanted me to do the job of slashing the price. And in the end, i managed to get the luggage at SGD$75. The orginal price of his box was SGD$79 --> SGD$77 --> SGD$75. Dear was so disappointed by my final price and he said "You will never be an aunty because you are seriously bad at slashing price". Yeah.. He shoudl know that this is not my forte because when we were at Phuket, some other ex-colleagues slashed the price for my shopping instead of me doing it myself.


So lets end my Saturday because we proceed with other normal dating activites after shopping.


On Sunday, my meaningful day, I went to be a volunteer again!! Yeah.. its like my forth or fifth time doing this, so its again. Buahahhaha!! Like what Joanna had said, "you are the only person who will always be on for such kinda thing". Buahahahha!! Ya.. it was the previous time when we went for our hm.. 2nd small scale distribution when she said that to me. Mummy knew that i had enjoyed the volunteery work and had kinda influenced my family in this. Ya.. and i did not mentioned that i always have bodyache after doing it. Yesh, and this explained my title for this entry. I am feeling pain from shoulder to thigh.


Yesterday mission was a medium scale thingy. Well, comparing to the real BIG scale we had few months back, yesterday was truely a medium scale one. I reached the packing destination at 0615hr and started packing until 0745hr. This was considered fast becaused we packed a total of 400bags. It started with a little mess but well, we learnt from there and the organizer was quick to crash the mess and grouped us into little small groups to check and pack in a neater manner. It sure proved that the decision was right as we finished packing fast after distributing ourselves into small groups. Well, lets look at the pixy for the finished 400 bags of love...



Ok.. don't expect me to capture all 400 bags ok... they took up alot of spaces and the pillars made it difficult to take all at one go.


We distributed the bags at North Bridge Road this time. Seperating the groups to 3 main blocks, we finished the distribution in about 1.5 hours! That was considered fast ok... Can you imagine walking around a bag which weighed approximately 4-5KG? Its just like walking around with a pack of rice.


Yesh.. even though i am feeling the pain all over me now, i am still very very satsfied with the completed mission this time!