Monday, January 28, 2008

Meaningful Sunday

Being meaningful doesn't mean it won't hurt me.. I suffered from this as well.. Buahhaha!! As my family knows, i had been involved in some volunteery work recently.Gotta thank J for this as she was the one who asked me along. After my Sec sch days i had always wanted to do something charitable and volunteering but could not find a chance to do it or rather i don't know how to start it. This is something that was organized by her client and the first time we did that was last year's Deepavali. The one we did the other time is like a 1 Hr job of 100packs of Bee Hoon and Congee. This time, its a 300 sets (total of 900packs) of food and neccessities to 4 places. the 300 sets are for 3 different HDB areas while the 1 final destination for yesterday was the home for the disabled. It was really physically tiring as we have to carry so many bags which each set is about 8 to 10Kg. I was lucky to have the trolley, J who suffered under the manual labor was having aches all over her body.

I remembered the wrong time that's why reached F house earlier than anyone. But at least i did help by being early. Wow.. the morning was stressed. Helped out checking the packs which was packed the day before by the rest and put in the things that were missing from it. Perspired till my whole shirt turns WET (how disgusting).. after that we transferred the things from F house to the ground floor to have the things loaded in the vehicles. We have 2 lorries, 2 Vans and bout 6-7 cars and all FULLY LOADED (non of the car can see from their rear view mirror)! one of the van was over loaded till the tired went flat. It was really very very tiring physically but emotionally satisfied. Yah... ALL of us did not had breakfast and we started moving the HEAVY loads until bout 1245hr. I was lucky to reach the 2nd destination early and ate with V before the rest came. But they had lunch before we started to give things at the 2nd destination.

When i reached dear's place yesterday(or even before i reach), i told him i wana bathe badly. After i bathe, i insisted him to help me massage my back and luckily he helped me yesterday night as well. That's so sweet of him (once in a while only). My back don't hurt today and i can walk. BUT..... As i had not been feeling well the whole weekend, now i am painful at my legs, butt, stomach, shoulder (can't even lift my right hand) and throat. AND i am coughing non stop, and suffered from blocked nose. I need to take MC but i am scared to take it because this week is a rather stressful week. I WANA GO HOME!!

No comments: